Read what others are saying about the Love Like You Mean It Marriage Cruise or share your own!
- We celebrated our thirtieth wedding anniversary with the folks that were our mentors throughout our marriage. Without the Weekend to Remember Get-aways we would not have made it through our thirty years of military deployments, raising children far away from the majority of family and the trials of life in general. Because of the dedication of the Rainey's and the rest of the staff at Family Life Ministries , we have matured in the Lord, learned how to communicate and laugh - well, sometimes after the tears;) - and came to understand that our differences as a man and woman were normal. I truly appreciate the way that your ministry approaches the differences of husband/wife with such a great sense of humour. My husband and I truly appreciate the great role models that we have seen and experienced by attending the various seminars over the years. God bless the Rainey's and all those that serve the Lord at this ministry.Vern and Pamela Tubbs - GA
- We went on the cruise to Grand Turk this past February. My husband and I have been married for 11 years. And litho ugh our relationship is strong and we didn't feel that we had any "problems" per say, it was so nice to be able to get away together. Our relationship was lacking in together time. Kids, jobs, and every day life. It gave us an opportunity to reconnect. We met several other wonderful couples. The entertainment, and speakers were amazing. It was just a good time. So much so, we rebooked for next years cruise, and plan on making it an annual marriage refresher. Everyone should take advantage of this!Roy & LaVena Spain - Missoula MT
- We really enjoyed being away from life -kids, jobs, ministry, etc., and just spending time together and with other like-minded couples. To have the opportunity to go to God- centered meetings that enrich your marriage was a blessing. The fellowship with other couples was the icing on the cake. We are counting down the days until next year.John & Robin - Somerville, MA
- What an awesome time of refreshing my wife and myself had on "Love Like You Mean it Cruise." Everything was great and the teachings and concerts they had were life changing. The people we got to fellowship were awesome. I thank God for this event, it truly help my marriage to take it to the next level of Gods covenant of what a marriage should be.Manuel Yanez - Harlingen , Texas
- God has great things in his word about your marriage.
This was our 2nd year this year. Your marriage needs this no matter where you are in your marriage. We are married 19 years in June. We didn't have anything going on one way or the other, but after the first cruise we enjoy each other again. Over the years you misplace your fun gene, Go find it!! We are even dating again.Mrs. Peterson :) - Flint Mi.
- My wife had dreamed of going on a cruise since grade school when she first watched "The Love Boat" on TV. To be honest, after serving in the Navy I had no desire to ever get on a ship again. The Love Like You Mean It Cruise totally changed my perspective. We have been married for 27 years, have four daughters, three grandkids and 2 more grandkids on the way. Our youngest daughter had just left the nest so I wanted to surprise my wife with a special vacation for just the two of us. That's when I heard about the 2014 Love Like You Mean It Cruise on Family Life Radio.
The cruise exceeded my wife's and my expectations. Uplifting speakers and entertainers, outstanding food and accommodations, meeting other like minded couples were all part of what made this such a great time, but most of all it was the uninterrupted time we had to spend together for each other. Don't get me wrong, I love my children and my grandkids... but it had been a long time since my wife and I done something together alone.
Needless to say I was the first one to suggest before the cruise was over that we had to reserve a spot on the 2015 cruise.Pat & Gayla Deisher - Indiana
- Amazing, powerful way to spend time making our marriage a priority. We celebrated our 10 year Anniversary on the cruise. Ballroom dancing under the stars, snorkeling in incredible turquoise waters of the Caribbean. Learning the tools to make our marriage better with Alex Kendrick and Gary Chapman. Worshiping together with thousands of fellow believers to the music of Building 429, Nicole C. Mullen, amazing. The time spend together was irreplaceable, I can not imagine a better way to have fun and build up your marriage in a better way.Dave and Nancy Carow - Appleton, WI
- This was our third LLYMIC, but this year we came as part of the service team. We were blessed to be a part of the team delivering these amazing chocolate bars and the other goodies each night.
What fun my husband and I had racing down the hallways laughing and hanging the gift bags on the doorknobs. It was like being one of Santa's elves! What a FUN way to be the hands and feet of Jesus! We'd have couples stop us periodically and ask what we were leaving the next night. We'd have to tell them it was even a surprise to us, but they wouldn't be disappointed.
We were blessed to reconnect with a couple we met during year two's cruise. We were blessed by the shear number of couples that went from weary to refreshed after just a couple days onboard. Yes, as part of the welcoming team, we saw just about everyone come up the gangplank. What a joy it was to see smiles and peaceful countenances spread like wildfire! This included the ship's crew members. I could write a short book about the conversations I had with several crew members who weren't married who were still blessed by the LLYMIC. To God be the glory for giving that crew a vacation they won't soon forget!
A funny note about these chocolate bars:
The single (not married) members of Nicole C. Mullens' band were sharing cabins. I spoke with one of the gentlemen during our afternoon in the waters at Grand Turks. After asking him what he was enjoying and would take back to share with his girlfriend, he told me that his roommate had eaten both chocolate bars, and were still trying to decide what to do with the oil and lotion. I told him to use the oil/lotion on their feet. I told him what our nightly job was, and said I'd see about getting him some more chocolate. Sshhh...yeah, that was special treatment, but I figured they deserved for having to watch all these married couples love on each other! ;)
Later that evening, I delivered my husband and my unopened bars to their cabin. We were planning to eat them later, but since I couldn't find the extra box of bars I gave ours away. I'll never forget the smile on his roommate's face when I told him they could SHARE these too, but to make sure they ALL got a piece. I told him if they wanted more then they needed to bring their WIVES back next year! One member is engaged, and the gentleman I spoke with was planning on "popping the question" soon.
God loves to give us good gifts, so hopefully I'll see them next year onboard having to give up the BIG piece of chocolate to their wives!
Laurie - Maumelle, AR